Twenty Years of A New Kind of Science
When Stephen Wolfram's groundbreaking A New Kind of Science was published in 2002, its exploration and analysis of the computational universe of simple programs launched a scientific revolution. Twenty years later, the ideas and results of the book have found countless applications across science, technology and elsewhere—including the recent Wolfram Physics Project and its breakthrough in fundamental physics—and the book has indeed spawned what can only be described as a new kind of science.
Here Wolfram reflects on the first two decades of A New Kind of Science, discussing some of the major implications that have emerged so far, as well as his far-reaching new thinking building on the conceptual framework developed in A New Kind of Science. Written in Wolfram's popular and accessible style, the book provides a window into one of the most vibrant intellectual developments of our time.
Recognizing A New Kind of Science's significance not only in science but also in the arts, the book includes a gallery of pieces created over the past 20 years by artists inspired by the book.
Information and Media Inquiries
Distribution by Ingram, Amazon and Baker & Taylor
UK Distribution: Turnaround Publisher Services
- Twenty Years Later: The Surprising Greater Implications of A New Kind of Science
- A New Kind of Science: A 15-Year View
- It's Been 10 Years: What's Happened with A New Kind of Science?
- Living a Paradigm Shift: Looking Back on Reactions to A New Kind of Science
- At 10 Years: Looking to the Future of A New Kind of Science
- The Making of A New Kind of Science
- Charting a Course for "Complexity": Metamodeling, Ruliology and More
- Today We Put a Prize on a Small Turing Machine
- The Prize Is Won; The Simplest Universal Turing Machine Is Proved
- Announcing the Rule 30 Prizes
- Gallery of Art
- Title: Twenty Years of A New Kind of Science
- Author: Stephen Wolfram
- Hardcover: $44.95 384 pages
- eBook: $16.95 384 pages
- Publisher: Wolfram Media, Inc.
- Publication Date: November 15, 2022
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-049-3 (hardcover)
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-051-6 (eBook)