Hands-on Start to Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition combines the simplicity of Wolfram|Alpha with the computational capabilities of Mathematica for the best of both in a single, unified tool perfect for teaching and learning. Use free-form input to get instant answers to questions, create and customize graphs, and turn static examples into dynamic models. Everything is saved as an interactive Wolfram Notebook, so you can add notes and use notebooks as class or reference materials, or present them as dynamic slide shows that engage your audience as you edit examples on the fly.With this book, you’ll learn how to…
- Quickly create notebooks that combine calculations, graphics, interactive
examples and notes.
- Enter free-form input and get solutions for a variety of calculations (e.g. arithmetic, algebra, calculus, linear algebra).
- Access step-by-step solutions, suggestions for next steps and related computations.
- Create 2D, 3D and interactive graphics with controls to dynamically
change the parameters.
- Use previous results in future calculations, assign variables and define functions.
- Create dynamic slide show presentations with interactive elements that can be
changed on the fly.
Information and Media Inquiries
October 16, 2020 Publication
Publicity and Interviews: email@example.com
Trim Size: 7" x 10"
Non-Fiction: Computer Programming/Mathematical and Statistical Software
Distributed by Ingram, Amazon and Baker & Taylor
- Chapter 1: Sample Projects in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 2: Supplemental Materials in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 3: A Basic Introduction to Wolfram|Alpha and Wolfram|Alpha Pro
- Chapter 4: Step-by-Step Solutions in Wolfram|Alpha Pro
- Chapter 5: Using Your Own Data in Wolfram|Alpha Pro
- Chapter 6: The Very Basics of Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 7: Inputting Calculations into Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 8: Word Processing and Typesetting in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 9: Presenting with Slide Shows in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 10: Sharing Projects Created in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 11: Prealgebra in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 12: Algebra in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 13: Trigonometry and Precalculus in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 14: Calculus in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
- Chapter 15: Statistics in Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition
About the Authors
Cliff Hastings has been at Wolfram Research since 1997. After graduating summa cum laude with a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Monmouth College, he joined Wolfram as an evangelist aboard the MathMobile, traveling the country training people to use Mathematica. As the coauthor of the original "Hands-on Start to Mathematica" video series, his passion has always been helping people get started with Wolfram technology.
Kelvin Mischo is a Wolfram certified instructor and works at Wolfram Research overseeing strategic relationships with academic organizations in North America. After learning Mathematica as a student at the University of Illinois, Kelvin joined Wolfram in 1998 to work with high schools on the integration of Mathematica into their courses. Kelvin has given hundreds of technical seminars and trainings on Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha to high schools, two-year colleges and universities.
Other books by Cliff Hastings and Kelvin Mischo
- Title: HANDS-ON START TO WOLFRAM|ALPHA NOTEBOOK EDITION
- Authors: Cliff Hastings and Kelvin Mischo
- Paperback: $29.95 280 pages
- eBook: $19.95 280 pages
- Publisher: Wolfram Media, Inc.
- Publication Date: October 16, 2020
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-039-4 (paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-040-0 (eBook)